Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trying new things...

One thing that I truly enjoy doing is trying new things. Some of them are things that I have always wanted to try and some are things that I never thought I would try. This past weekend I got to try something new! Since I am from Oklahoma, and the waves aren't all that great on Lake Hefner (ha ha), I haven't yet gotten to try surfing. When I found out that I was going to be living on an island for a couple of years, surfing went up on my list of things to do. This past weekend I got to try it out! Let me preface this by saying, I didn't succeed in surfing, but I had a blast! I knew that it would be difficult, but it was even more so than I had anticipated. The closest I got to standing up was on my knees before getting pummeled by the wave! I am now determined to go back out and try it again! The beach here officially opened on Monday (Sea Day), so there are more opportunities to rent boards and such now. We have been going down there quite a bit to the beach to play volleyball and hang out, but this is my first time trying to surf. Hopefully I will get the opportunity again soon! Ok, well that is the latest for now. I just had to pass my exciting story along! I will most likely not be posting for a couple of weeks, because summer holiday starts tomorrow and I will be quite busy starting this week. However, check back for exciting updates in August!

Happy Summertime to all!

Sayonara for now!
Elaina

No comments: