Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Am I A Bad Teacher If...

So, as you might pick up from the title, I have a story to tell. Yes, I think it is funny. You may not, but this is my blog so too bad if you don't! I'm pretty sure you will get a kick out of it, and if you don't get a kick out of the story, you will at least have a lot to give me a hard time about when you see the picture included! So a few weeks back some of my 3 year olds kept asking me to take off my glasses. They don't ever see me with out them on unless I am rubbing my eyes in exhaustion or frustration. (ha ha) So why not let them see me just normal without my glasses? Well, it was in the middle of my lesson so I kept putting it off until the end of class to keep their attention. It worked, and like every other 3 year old....they didn't forget! So at the end of class I decided to goof off a bit and so I took my glasses off and made a funny face (crossing one eye). I didn't do it for very long, but when I put my glasses back on I straightened my face again. Well, of course, they went wild and wanted to see it again...and again...and again. So now, every time I go to class they want to see me without my glasses. Well word spread, so now it's all over school that it's funny to have Elaina Sensei take off her glasses. Well, to make a long story short...I now have my students at Mito Kindergarten convinced that I have one crossed eye when I take my glasses off! I then realized that they thought this occurred to everyone when they started asking other teachers to take off their glasses and wondered why their eye didn't move! Funny thing is I never let the other teachers see me do it, so they don't have a clue what the kids are talking about! (Why is this kid asking me about my crossed eye?? ha ha) So, if you are wondering...yes I am still keeping up the joke and they love it! So, it is no longer UNCool to wear glasses on the playground! Let me tell you...I'm the coolest thing in school! So, as previously mentioned, I am, to my own detriment, including a picture of what my kids find so fascinating! Hey sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to make them sit still to get through the lesson! If this is it...I'll do it!




Oh and I would just like to put a special note on here to my family. Dad, Mom & Jen...I know that you are really proud of this particular blog...and to answer your question...yes we ARE related! ha ha! Happy Thanksgiving! Eat lots of turkey and stuffing and all the good stuff for me! Love you guys!

Sayonara for now!
Elaina

No comments: