Monday, October 27, 2008

Busy Busy Busy October!

Oh gosh has October flown by! It has been a whirlwind of a month and I have enjoyed it all! As I last posted I finished Undokai's early on, and then we moved into the picnic/school trip phase of the month! So to sum it up as quickly as possible, I have been to the aquarium twice, 2 picnics, sweet potato picking and the Ueno (Tokyo) Zoo! All of this took place in the time span of 3 weeks! To answer those that are saying...does she ever work? Yes, I have taught lots of English too! So those are the school events that have been taking place during the week!

Never fear...the weekends are just as busy! The weekend of the 11-13 I went to Tokyo and spent some time down there! I really enjoyed getting to be away and just be quiet and do what I wanted. Wow that sounded selfish, but true! On the 13th I attended the World Passion Tour. For those that are not familiar with the Passion conference, it is a Christian conference that has (until this year) been held every year in the US since 1997. It is aimed at college age students and is a fantastic conference. If you would like to check it out you can go to www.268generation.com to find out what it is all about. I truly enjoyed getting to volunteer at this conference and be involved and the see the people of Japan worshiping God like I have never seen before in Japan! The weekend of the 18-19 I had birthday Saturday at school and then a regular weekend from there. This past weekend (25-26) Matt, Catera and I took a weekend trip up to Nikko. It is about 2 1/2 hour drive from Mito and is famous for its fall foliage! I can now see why it is famous and I loved getting to spend time up there! We went to 3 waterfalls, 1 main lake (and 2 smaller ones), botanical gardens, the shrine where the famous monkeys (hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil) are from, and had a fabulous time! We all three enjoyed it and we are ready to go back to see winter up there! It was already cooling off in a hurry and it was fantastic!

Ok so that is the catch up for now. I am going to try and put some pictures up on the picture blog, but no promises!

I hope all is well wherever you may be!

Sayonara for now!
Elaina

No comments: