Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Great Day at Kindergarten!

Oh gosh, where to begin! I will preface this story by saying that I think this was one of the funniest and most fun days I have had yet at my schools! Prepare yourself...there is video involved!

Please picture with me the scene...150 children (ages 3-5), all of their teachers, some of the parents armed with videos, cameras or both, all together. Sure, this doesn't sound fun or funny! Just wait it gets better. Please add to your mental image 1 calf, 1 sheep, 2 goats, 1 turkey, 1 dog, about 15 rabbits, about 20-25 chickens and roosters, 2 birds, too many mice, a lot of chicks and a giraffe. Ok, not a giraffe but I wanted to make sure you were paying attention! So all of the above mentioned parties were all in attendance on one playground!!! Oh and I forgot one more character in the story...ME! I was loving it!!!

Everyone thought that I was even more weird when they asked what my favorite animals were and I said the dog and the calf. Please notice that I said MORE weird. Yes, that's how it goes in this country! ha ha! So back to the story. So seeing as how the calf, in comparison to 3-5 year old children is quite large, they were pretty scared to get near it. Well, Erena sensei to the rescue! I was happy to oblige in hanging with the calf most of the day. I don't get to see too many around here! Anyway, the calf and I became good friends and they were amazed that it would just lay its head on my arm and allow me to pet it. So then the kids would also show the calf some love. The true fun of the day was when they allowed the children to start walking the animals, on leashes of course! Well this was just too good...I had to get video! Some other highlights were when they stuck the kids in a pen with the chickens, turkey, rooster, etc. Some of the kids freaked out! I might be mean, but it was pretty funny. Not that the kids freaked out necessarily, but that they stuck them in there! At one of the schools the dog was in the same pen, so every time a chicken moved the dog barked! One word...chaos! So those are the summarized stories. I am including the video on this page and I will try to get the pictures up on my picture page as soon as I can! Please note in the video the girls be dragged by the sheep and me laughing. Oops! I'm not a very good teacher am I? Eh, they didn't get hurt! ha! Enjoy!




**There were no animals physically harmed in the making of this video. However, we are unsure of any mental harm that could have taken place due to having 150 3-5 year olds surrounding them all day.**

Hope all is well where ever you are!

Sayonara for now!

No comments: