Wednesday, July 18, 2007

あいうえお


あいうえお that's all I know...well I am learning. I am working on my hiragana (ひらがな)and it is challenging. I am trying to really push myself, but my motivation right now sucks. This week I have just been in a funk, but I am trying to snap out of it. I am struggling with being patient and waiting on the Lord. Granted, that has never been one of my strengths, but I am definitely being "helped along" in trying to work on it, patience that is. Anyway, I said that I would keep this up to date so that is what I am doing. I am still waiting on my visa information to be completed in Tokyo. I am so anxious to get over there, but I know that God has a reason for me to still be here. I am trying to remind myself that His timing is always better than mine. I woke up yesterday morning, right before I checked my email for any news, and finally just gave up. I don't know if that is the right way to put it, but that's the only way I can describe it. It is amazing to me that I have no control over this timing whatsoever, and yet I still am constantly in a fit over it. I don't know why I haven't been able to just say,

"God, You are amazing and I know that Your will is for me to be obedient and patient to wait on You. I know that You have an amazing plan for my life that is so wonderful that I can't even fathom....if I wait on You! Father, I choose to wait on you and to be patient and obedient in your plans. Thank you for the journey that you have brought me on thus far and thank you for wanting me to do incredible things through You. I love you and I wait for you."


Why haven't I been able to say this? I don't know! It is as if I get caught up in this daily struggle of trying to plan everything in MY timing. I wear myself out trying to plan, time and make sure everything is perfect (in my eyes). When all along, all I have to do is rest in knowing that God has it all taken care of. Why do I do this to myself? I know I am not alone and I know that God has gone ahead of me in my journey in life and prepared a way for me. I am so very thankful that He loves me enough to plan my daily steps. I pray that I daily choose to give up my life to my Father. I finally gave up yesterday morning when I woke up, and no an email did not just "magically" appear, I did have a peace in knowing that my God was taking care of me and He has a perfect plan for me.


Wow, well I went off on quite a side story there. My original reason for posting tonight was to say that I still am waiting on my visa information, but as soon as I know more I will update on here. Please continue to keep me in your prayers along with the other AET's that are in Mito currently.

P.S. That is a picture of Tokyo (that is where immigration is). I have been told I needed to put pictures on here, so there ya go...a picture!

No comments: